1000 Asset Limit to be Enforced Sales Idea Enclosed

How should the limit be enforced?
Have faction leaders use a tool to indicate what to sell?
Turn off the economy? If so temporarily or until end of event?
Sell the entire fleets and purchase them new using a balanced economy?
Replace defense garrisons with attack fleets temporarily?

The fleets have gotten too large. The automatic tools are not in place but I have an idea. First, this might be a one time adjustment or something that needs to take place manually. I suggest we modify the rule to state that a fee will be taken for selling. The fee is equivalent to the bv modifier. This way we can use the black market tool to do the selling. The tool can be set to 5% discount increments by setting the number of depot planets owned. Setting this to 18 planets should knock 90% off the price. This way I can know how much money to send back to the team. I know which assets to delete. The faction leaders can easily sell assets on their own time. I think it is important to restrict the fleet sizes. I think 1000 is a good starting number. The other option would be to turn off the economy for a while to dip the fleets below the limit. I would like to take care of the fleet sizes beginning 2 turns from now at the start of turn 48.

The OTHER option is to restart the fleets. Adjust the $$$$ from the selloff and allow teams to rebuy the fleets. This process is easiest but takes away the consequences of buying so far.

Yet another option is to remove garrisons temporarily and defend and attack with the attack fleets till they drop below the limit.

Testing… testing.
Oh and real reply here too (even if bit late): using attack fleets when defending is big no no. That would make it super hard for attacking planets controlled by biggest factions.

I like the idea of selling back unused stuff. We dont want to see situations where factions are forced to use multiple bad things like Bushwacker primes just to get them destroyed/removed.